This is an easy, stress free biryani recipe. You can adjust the spicing by using whatever curry paste you prefer.
1 Onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
Thumb-sized piece of Ginger, grated
300g diced lamb
2 Tblsp Curry paste (I used Pataks Madras)
100g cooked, chopped spinach (the frozen stuff works great)
100g Frozen peas
1 cup Basmati rice, rinsed
2 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Brown the onion, garlic and ginger in an ovenproof pan.
- Add the curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the lamb and coat in the paste.
- Add the peas and spinach and stir along with a good pinch of salt.
- Remove from the heat and cover with the rice, followed by the stock (don't stir!)
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and put in the oven for 45 minutes.
- While the biryani is cooking, boil the eggs for around 6 minutes (depending on how large they are), peel and halve. Add to the top of the Biryani around 15 before it's ready.
- Serve straight from the dish with some chapatis and a sprinkling of fresh coriander if you have it/like it!